Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you want to reduce the pungency of the onions, soak them in cold water for a few minutes before using them. Adapted from food-India.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
- 1 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a small saucepan.
- Add tomato paste, paprika, cumin, sugar, salt and garlic paste.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in onions.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Yum, this is a great chutney that adds a lot of flavor to the dish. Not to mention, how quick and easy this was to throw together, and giving me the opportunity to create something yummy with an open can of tomato paste! Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
How awesome to find a simple chutney recipe that takes very little time to put together yet produces such wonderful flavours! We loved this recipe and served it with chicken kebabs. The taste was just terrific, no need to buy chutney when you can make it so easily. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT #8 :)