Recipe by kittycatmom
An easy lasagna recipe I learned to make at my first "real" job. Yummy!
Top Review by WiGal
Delicious! I used italian seasoned ground turkey and also put raw spinach leaves on the noodles. I used the same seasonings and amounts for the sauce. The tomato sauce was 24 ounces-small cans are 8 ounces. Thanks kittycatmom for a delicious supper.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices mozzarella and provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I always use 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 minced fresh garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make filling- Combine in a bowl: ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs.
- To make sauce- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain grease and onions and peppers and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Add to skillet, browned ground beef mixture, mushrooms,oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Heat through and stir.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, alternate layers of cooked lasagna noodles, sauce, and filling, making 3 layers total. Top with sliced mozzarella and provolove cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.