Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy lasagna recipe I learned to make at my first "real" job. Yummy!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices mozzarella and provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I always use 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 minced fresh garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make filling- Combine in a bowl: ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs.
- To make sauce- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain grease and onions and peppers and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Add to skillet, browned ground beef mixture, mushrooms,oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Heat through and stir.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, alternate layers of cooked lasagna noodles, sauce, and filling, making 3 layers total. Top with sliced mozzarella and provolove cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Delicious! I used italian seasoned ground turkey and also put raw spinach leaves on the noodles. I used the same seasonings and amounts for the sauce. The tomato sauce was 24 ounces-small cans are 8 ounces. Thanks kittycatmom for a delicious supper.
I love the taste of this lasagna. It was very easy to do. I had only 1 1/2 cup ricotta and I had nothing to replace the 1 cup missing. I used 1 lb of lean ground beef, 1 small onion, 1 small green bell pepper. And I used 1/2 lb of fresh sliced mushrooms. Thanks Kittycatmom :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Great recipe! Loved the mixing of the filling ingredients. It really kept the whole dish from getting too soupy. I exchanged the ricotta for cottage cheese, left out mushrooms (both personal preference) and had only grated cheese for topping but other than that, made as directed. The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star for us is the garlic powder. We just didn't like the flavor of it & next time will just exchange it for fresh garlic tossed in with the onion & green pepper. Thanks, kitty! :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.