1/3 Photos of Restaurant Style Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
An easy lasagna recipe I learned to make at my first "real" job. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices mozzarella and provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I always use 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 minced fresh garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3To make filling- Combine in a bowl: ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs.
- 4To make sauce- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain grease and onions and peppers and cook until vegetables have softened.
- 5Add to skillet, browned ground beef mixture, mushrooms,oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Heat through and stir.
- 6In a 9x13 inch pan, alternate layers of cooked lasagna noodles, sauce, and filling, making 3 layers total. Top with sliced mozzarella and provolove cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Style Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 1015.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 37.4 g