Recipe by rnmommy02
I've tried various recipes for Hummus through the years. This is the first one that is the perfect texture with a balance of flavors. Use in sandwiches, as a veggie dip or serve with warm pitas.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons tahini, well stirred
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic, cloved minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice and water in small bowl. Whisk together tahini and olive oil in second small bowl or measuring cup. In blender, add chickpeas until almost completely ground. Add garlic, salt, cumin and cayenne, scrapping down every 15 seconds. With plender running, add lemonwater mixture in a even stream through the top of the blender. Scrape down and blend for 1 minute. Drizzle into the running blender the tahini and oil mixture. Continue to process until smooth. Transfer hummus to serving bowl, sprinkle with cilantro, cover and let stand at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. If it thickens, stir in some water.