Recipe by Delicious as it Looks
This is one of the most popular recipes from my blog, Delicious as it Looks. Who doesn't love the mashed potatoes served at restaurants? Now you can make them at home.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes or 8 small red potatoes, quartered, skin left on
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large pot or dutch oven. Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- When potatoes pierce easily with a paring knife, remove from heat and drain. Add potatoes to the bowl with the other ingredients and mix on medium speed until mostly smooth (there may be some lumps, but we usually don't mind that). Serve.