1/1 Photo of Restaurant Style Fluffy Honey Pancakes
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend after having trouble making a pancake with whole wheat flour that my 2 boys will eat. I made these and I swear they were the best pancakes I ever made. They looked so fluffy and browned just right. The boys loved them. We usu. eat maple syrup or powdered sugar over them. I just tried making a homemade syrup and that turned out good too. This is freshly ground whole wheat flour, so if you have store bought whole wheat, I would recommend doing it 1/2 white and half wheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, powder, soda and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg yolks, olive oil and honey, stirring well.
- 3Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 4In a glass or ceramic bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold them gently into the pancake mixture.
- 5Heat an electric skillet to 375° F and spray with cooking oil.
- 6Drop about 1/2 cupfuls onto hot skillet and cook until underside is golden (you may not get a lot of bubbles, since this is very airy).
- 7Flip and cook until second side is done. You should have 5-6" pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Style Fluffy Honey Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 212.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g