Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from another Website and modified it a bit to suit our tastes. It is fantastic and certainly Restaurant quality!
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- garnish with dried chow mein noodles (optional)
- Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency. Serve sprinkled with Green onion.
- Garnish with Dried Chow Mein Noodle's.