Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
My dad gave me this recipe he got from a local restaurant owner. The original recipe called for commercial soy sauce. I have adjusted it to low sodium soy sauce since most grocery stores don't sell commercial soy sauce.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Put rice in a microwave safe bowl and add water just to cover rice.
- Cook 5 minutes on high.
- Mix the butter and onions into the hot rice until all of the butter has melted.
- Add the soy sauce and mushrooms and mix well.
This was unbelievable! And so easy! Thankssssss
I'm not sure why I even had any Minute Rice in the house, but I found just enough to make a half batch. This was great! Fast, easy, and flavorful without being overpowering. One dish and NO mess. Definitely a keeper-the kind I tack up inside the cupboard!