Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on All Recipes site and quadrupled it for a large group of friends, plus I made my Stampede Beans(Stampede Beans) to take to one of our annual muscle car shows. So easy to prepare and the taste was great. Everyone loved it as there wasn't a spoon full left!
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk (or add 1 tsp. lemon juice to 1/4 cup milk and let stand for a few minutes)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl mix the coleslaw and onions.
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients until smooth and pour over the coleslaw and onion mixture.
- Stir well and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yup, that's where I got the recipe too and it is great. I'm not even a fan of coleslaw, but I love this recipe--probably because it's not so heavy on the mayo like some coleslaws are. It's a nice comination of sweet, tart, and cruncy. I'll be making it this weekend for a family reunion of 100, and I hope it's as popular with my group as it was with yours.