Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Refried beans or black beans may be added into the chicken mixture if desired, also, if you are concerned about soggy chips you might want to pre-bake them in the oven for 5-7 minutes insure crispiness, though I have no trouble with the blue tortillas. If you like spicy throw on some sliced jalapeño rings with the tomatoes or add some finely chopped jalapeño into the chicken mixture...you will *love* this! :)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 10 green onions, chopped (keep the white and green separated)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (I just use 1/2 package)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 -3 cups prepared salsa (mild, medium or spicy)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar cheese or a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced olive (use black or green)
- sour cream (optional and to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat stir together the garlic with the white parts only of the green onions in oil until tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn heat to low then add in cooked chicken and with taco seasoning; mix until coated in the oil.
- Stir in the salsa; mix until combined; remove from heat and season with a little black pepper.
- Arrange the tortillas on a large baking sheet in a large round.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the chips, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese and chopped tomato (or if desired you can add on the tomatoes after baking).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with the green parts of onions and olives and dollop with sour cream if desired.
We eat this all the time, although we didn't get this recipe from you, this is just like mine. We have found that seasoning the chicken with Ortega Chipotle taco seasoning, added cayenne, and liquid smoke REALLY makes this taste like an authentic restaurant dish. I layer boiled shredded chicken, tossed with the seasoning and sauteed for a bit, with a little oil on top of regular old corn tortilla chips, then add jalapeno slices, and top with grated cheddar. Then I place the large plate in the oven. I serve with guacamole made with simple lemon juice, garlic powder, and cayenne, tossed with chopped raw onion, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream on the side. With it, I mix prepared rice with Ortega jalapeno and onion mix (a few tablespoons), and saute in oil until crispy on the bottom. Place on a large plate, and on the other half, spoon a can of bearitos spicy refried beans with shredded white cheddar on top, place in the oven with nachos, they will be done at the same time. Even the punk, who complains about EVERYTHING loves this meal.
Kit you have another winner here, this is SOOOOO YUMMY, thank you