Refried beans or black beans may be added into the chicken mixture if desired, also, if you are concerned about soggy chips you might want to pre-bake them in the oven for 5-7 minutes insure crispiness, though I have no trouble with the blue tortillas. If you like spicy throw on some sliced jalapeño rings with the tomatoes or add some finely chopped jalapeño into the chicken mixture...you will *love* this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 10 green onions, chopped (keep the white and green separated)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (I just use 1/2 package)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 -3 cups prepared salsa (mild, medium or spicy)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar cheese or a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced olive (use black or green)
- sour cream (optional and to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium skillet over medium heat stir together the garlic with the white parts only of the green onions in oil until tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- 3Turn heat to low then add in cooked chicken and with taco seasoning; mix until coated in the oil.
- 4Stir in the salsa; mix until combined; remove from heat and season with a little black pepper.
- 5Arrange the tortillas on a large baking sheet in a large round.
- 6Spoon the chicken mixture over the chips, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese and chopped tomato (or if desired you can add on the tomatoes after baking).
- 7Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 8Sprinkle with the green parts of onions and olives and dollop with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant-Style Chicken Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.0
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 2077.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 52.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
blue corn tortilla chips