Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is SO delicious and WAY easy to make. Looks super impressive and makes your house smell like an italian restaurant. I adapted this recipe from kraft foods in order to use ingredients found more often in pantrys.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix, Chicken
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing, Zesty
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine tomatoes, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano and dry stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.
- In separate bowl, combine dressing and parmesan cheese.
- Place chicken breasts in large plastic bag. Pound chicken until chicken is 1/4 inch thick.
- Place chicken, top-sides down, on baking dish; spread evenly with stuffing mixture. Starting at one of the narrow ends, tightly roll up chicken. Place, seam-sides down, in the baking dish. Drizzle evenly with dressing mixture.
- BAKE 40 minutes
- Sprinkle breasts with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165°F) and cheese is melted.
Very good recipe! The family enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!