Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this on the hush from a restaurant that is famous for their marinated steaks. The steak can get dark on the outside but it tastes great. There is beau monde seasoning and gravy master in this blend! This is a strong marinade and it can last up to 2 months in the refrigerator.*the reviewer is right but I ususally go to the restaurant in Riverhead! Been going for 20 years! I feel so old saying that. My kids love this marinade too. It's very delicious and you could use it on any cut of steak.
- 1 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄4 cup Gravy Master or 1⁄4 cup Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- Combine soy, onion and garlic in blender at high speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in gravy master and seasoning.
- Marinate your steak as usual but note that this is a strong marinade, so for a london broil, use only 1/2 cup and marinate for 6-8 hours.
I learned about Cliff's Elbow Room many years ago and know their reputation for outstanding steaks. This recipe is excellent and so easy. I love the fact that it keeps for 2 months in the refrigerator. I have used it on many different cuts of steak and have always been delighted with the results. One piece of advice is to allow the meat to come to room temperature before placing on the grill to cook. It really improves tenderness. Thanks for a super recipe!!
You've obviously eaten at Cliff's in Jamesport, too! This marinade is EXCELLENT (but I do try to use lower sodium soy sauce when I have it on hand). We've been using this recipe for years now since a coworker passed it on to me.