1/4 Photos of Restaurant Spanish Rice
This is a simple flavorful rice that I came up with to as a compromise for my picky eater daughter. It closely resembles the rice served at the local Mexican restaurants in San Diego.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- 2Add rice and saute a few more minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 5Simmer for twenty minutes without removing lid.
- 6Fluff with a fork and serve with chopped green onions on top.
- 7Note: The mild enchilada sauce adds flavor without adding spiciness. If using hot enchilada sauce, I would cut the amount in half at least.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 601.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g