12 hrs 30 mins
Sent Sovi is a remarkable restaurant in Saratoga, CA, at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Josiah Stone, the chef/owner recently had an Heirloom Tomato Tasting Menu (every dish had tomatoes....Lemon Boy tomato Bellinis anyone? YUM!) and was also featured on a local show making this gazpacho. We had it at the restaurant along with several other dishes I am going to try to reproduce, and it was one of the best gazpachos I've ever had, even though I usually prefer mine chunkier. His wife came out and talked with us for about half an hour after dinner, and believe me, if you can get there, GO!!! In the meantime, I'm enjoying this again! (And trying to figure out that incredible prawn dish......) Cooking time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (he uses more, but I found this was plenty)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (they use gray salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 4 lbs tomatoes, very ripe
- 4 ounces sourdough bread
- 1Roughly chop and combine all ingredients.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- 3Blend thoroughly in blender and pass through a food mill or medium mesh strainer.
- 4(Alternatively, you can peel and seed the tomatoes first. I found this easier for me.).
- 5Garnish, if desired with fresh herbs, a swirl of olive oil, and toasted breadcrumbs. Sometimes he said he piles on some bay shrimp and/or chopped avocado.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Sent Sovi's Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 973.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar