Recipe by JenJenMarie
Putting this recipe on here for safe keeping with my adaptions. Original recipe came from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Famous-Restaurant-Queso-Dip/Detail.aspx Delicious!
- 2267.96 g American cheese, cut into pieces
- 768.91 ml water, divided
- 2 onions, minced
- 236.59 ml poblano pepper, minced
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, minced
- 236.59 ml diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cheese and 3 cups of water in a double boiler over gently simmering water; stir occasionally until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine the 1/4 cup of water, onion, poblano, tomato, and green pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk the vegetables into the cheese, then pour the mixture into a large pot; place over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.