Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is a specialty of a French restaurant near my hometown. At the restaurant, they use chicken breasts but I am not a fan of chicken breasts so when I make this dish I use chicken thighs.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricots (prefer in juice instead of in syrup)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- couscous, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- If using chicken breasts, cut them into 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until the skin is browned on all sides or the breast meat is golden. Stir in the apricots and their juice as well as the cinnamon.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, increase the heat to medium-high and allow cooking liquid to reduce slightly, about 10-12 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the creme fraiche and season to taste. Serve over couscous.