Member #610488's Note:
This is from a local French restaurant near my hometown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mixed fish fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces (any white fleshed fish)
- 1/2 lb seafood (clams, mussels or shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, washed and sliced
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 6 cups fish stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 thick slices peasant bread, lightly toasted
- 1If using clams or mussels, scrub and remove the beards from the shells.
- 2Place the fish and shrimp, if using, in a large bowl and add the Pernod and 1 tbsp of the olive oil, mixing gently.
- 3Heat the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, and fennel and saute until fragrant and softened, about 6-7 minutes.
- 4Add the fish stock, zest and tomatoes along with any juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- 5While the soup is cooking, place all of the rouille ingredients into a blender puree until smooth. Season to taste. Set aside.
- 6Add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the shellfish and cook until shells open or the shrimp turn pink. Check seasonings.
- 7Divide among 4 bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with toasted bread topped with rouille.
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant Plaisir/Sante Bouillabaisse
Serving Size: 1 (738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 677.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of