Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a variation of California Pizza Kitchen's pizza crust recipe, found in a copycat cookbook. It's simple and keeps well in the freezer for at least a couple of weeks.
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the 'dough' setting and press 'start.'.
- When cycle is finished, punch down the dough and roll it out on a floured surface to desired shape and thickness.
- Grease a pizza pan and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Transfer dough to pan and let rise until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake dough until just set--about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings.
- Continue baking to desired doneness.
Excellent!!!! Easily prepared in my bread machine, this gave me a beautiful soft fluffy crust, ideal for pizza and probably very nice for foccacia bread as well. I am very interested to try freezing this, and seeing how that turns out. We really enjoyed these pizzas (I doubled the recipe, which made 2 generous pizzas, I think I could in fact have easily got 4 individual pizzas from this amount and will try for that next time.)
Very good recipe, thanks for sharing, this recipe was made for PAC Fall 2011