Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken with vinegar peppers, tastes restaurant quality
- 1 lb chicken, cut into inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup antipasto red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cherry pepper (hot or mild-its your choice)
- Put flour in large ziplock bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In large skillet, heat oil and butter.
- Add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside and keep warm.
- To same skillet, add shallots and garlic. Saute until softened (1 minute).
- Add both peppers and cook for 3-4 minute Pour in a splash of the vinegar water from the jar of the vinegar peppers.
- Add wine, broth and seasonings. Mix well. Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by 1/2 (3 to 4 minutes). Return chicken to skillet, and cook until sauce is thick and chicken is heated through (3-4 min).