Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: unknown. This is supposed to be a copycat of chicken gravy made by cafeteria style restuarants and diners.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄3 cup biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In blender, combine all ingredients.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 or 5 minutes, or until the gravy is smooth and thickened.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful easy chicken gravy. I didn't bother with the blender, I just put everything in the saucepan and stirred with a wire whisk. As another reviewer suggested, I reduced the amount of onion powder and added a bit poultry seasoning. I added pepper, but no salt and it seemed to be perfectly seasoned.
I've been using this recipe for years. If you need gravy in a jiffy this is sure to please. I only use a pinch of onion powder because it's a little too strong for me with 1/4 teaspoon. But you know what else works really well? Try poultry seasoning! It's delicious.