Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I grabbed Nestle's Toll House's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe and went cosmic! Besides chocolatiers, you can find espresso beans at Traders Joe's, Starbucks, and some drive-through coffee huts! These cookies are intended for an adult palate. You won't be able to stop after just one cookie! Although, it might be a good idea to....
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (white)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (NOT imitation)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped small (use a clean coffee mill to chop)
- 1 cup hazelnuts or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the unbleached flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Beat softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans and hazelnuts.
- Drop by rounded, buttered tablespoon onto parchment-lined aluminum baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield is estimated.
I love chocolate espresso beans, so had to make these cookies. I'm not disappointed, they are great !!! I used my food processor to chop the beans. I left out the nuts. Used my medium cookie scoop and yield was 3 dozen. Thank you
How could a Trekkie like myself not try this wonderful cookie? It is, indeed, a "grown up" cookie that I'm sure Captains Kirk, Picard, and Janeway would replicate. The chocolate coffee beans are a wonderful, tasty, crunchy surprise. Beam me up some more of those cookies, Scotty!