Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fragrant Chicken Kebabs from North India - from Saveur Magazine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix chicken, garlic, ginger, and paprika in a bowl; let it sit for 30 minutes. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain almonds and puree with cream, gram marsala, cardamom, allspice, and egg white. Transfer to chicken mixture.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, and sauté onions until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Build a fire in a charcoal girl. Divide chicken mixture into 6 portions, and place each portion along the length of on one flat, or two round skewers. Grill, turning, until charred, about 4-5 minutes.
This was awesome! What a tasty dish and not nearly as complicated as I at first thought it would be. A terrific blend of flavours, I served this with an Indian Rice for a terrific meal. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT #8 :)