Recipe by Chef Patience
Ground poultry roasted on a stick-what more could you ask for? From “The Indian Menu Planner”. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
Top Review by Russell Cooks
These were nice but there are a few downsides. They didn't mold well to the sticks, and I would have spiced it more heavily. My dinner guests liked it, I served this with a lentil curry and samosa dish and it actually ended up being the mildest. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup small cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 5 skewers
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- If you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in water per package directions to prevent splintering or burning.
- Beat the eggs, cumin, chili powder, pepper and oil together. Mix in the ground meat and let sit for 10 min minimum.
- Mix together the cashews, ginger, onion, coriander and garam masala. Work this mixture into the meat mixture, and divide the meat into 10 pieces.
- With wet hands, wrap two portions of meat along each skewer, leaving 2 inches between portions.
- Roast the kebabs on a grill for about 6 min, in a oven set at 300 degrees for 8 min, or in a rotisserie until golden brown.
- When done, remove the skewers and baste with melted butter.