Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
A great chicken and wild rice dish. Native Americans like blending flavors--old with new.
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup yellow sweet pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in cooked wild rice.
- Spray a 12x7 1/2x2 baking dish with nonstick spray coating.
- Spread rice mixture in cooking dish. Arrange chicken pieces atop rice.
- In a mixing bowl stir together yogurt,cumin,flour and ginger with half salt.
- Stir in sweet pepper and pour over chicken in dish.
- Bake covered in 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or till chicken is done.
- Serve with tomatoes and parsley.