Prep2 hrs 20 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for Reser's classic potato salad.
Make and share this Reser's Potato Salad (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups peeled russet potatoes, diced to 1-inch
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet pickle
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery heart
- 1⁄3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons reconstituted onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra thick real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- RECONSTITUTE 4 teaspoons minced onion flakes in enough very hot water to saturate completely; LET rest.
- PREP remaining vegetables to specifications.
- COOK potatoes in a pot of lightly salted, gently boiling water for about 7 minutes, until tender but firm to the bite); DRAIN in a large colander placed in sink; RINSE with cold water and allow to drain again.
- INTO a large bowl with an (accompanying cover or lid), add the dressing ingredients EXCEPT for the sweet pickle juice and white vinegar). Note: drain excess water from onions before adding).
- WHISK mixture well then add vegetables (EXCEPT potatoes) and fold gently until just blended.
- GENTLY fold in drained potatoes until well-blended.
- COMBINE the sweet pickle juice with vinegar then sprinkle over salad.
- FOLD mixture gently until creamy, without over-mixing.
- COVER and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- SERVE and enjoy.