Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Feeling exceedingly guilty for serving sandwiches and salad for dinner, I _atoned_ for my laziness by making the house favorite salad dressing. We rarely eat it since the store bought low-fat varieties have a terrible taste. This tasted much better to us than the bottled full-fat dressings. You be the judge. ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (I prefer Heinz brand)
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle juice (may need more or less)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Thin with sweet pickle juice to desired consistency.
- Chill before using.
- Serve over crisp salad greens, hard boiled eggs or use as a sandwich spread.
- Serving size = ~3 tablespoons.
Well, I did use regular mayonnaise, and just loved the full flavor of the salad dressing! I used sweet pickle relish and enjoyed the zip! thanks!