Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We have 2 egg casseroles that we use in our house. One is a stuffed french toast casserole (known as "Cursillo Casserole" as it came from a Cursillo weekend) and this one that is a staple on the Christ Renews His Parish weekends at our Parish. Put it together the night before and bake in the morning. I personally use dried bread but others have used fresh. Type of bread is up to you, I use whole wheat.
- 12 slices bread, cubed, crusts removed
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan (I use cooking spray).
- Mix bread, cooked sausage and cheese together.
- Pat into bottom of pan.
- Beat eggs and milk together and pour over the bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until eggs are set.
Easy good breakfast for a weekday morning, full of protein. Made for PAC Fall 2009