Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
A good friend brought these to a party a couple of years ago & they were a big hit. I have made this since (with Costco meatballs, since I have yet to perfect a nice round meatball!) & can attest that it is easy & tasty. I have served it as a main course, but it would also work as an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or if unavailable, soy sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil & cook onions about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk & peanut butter, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients, till well blended.
- Turn heat down and simmer until thickened.
- Use with your meatball recipe or a bag of meatballs from Costco.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce & cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.