Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is similar to a cocktail type sauce but made with North African inspired spices. It is a little spicy, but not disturbingly so. If you want it even more hot than Red Hot, go ahead and add additional cayenne pepper.
- 411.06 g canned diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml ketchup or 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml turmeric
- 14.79 ml ground cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
I made a small batch of this to serve as a dipping sauce with Sesame Seed Chicken (A Turkish Meze). I drained the canned tomatoes and added the juice a little at a time to thin the sauce. The sauce has a spicy and smoky flavor. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6.