Recipe by threeovens
This is similar to a cocktail type sauce but made with North African inspired spices. It is a little spicy, but not disturbingly so. If you want it even more hot than Red Hot, go ahead and add additional cayenne pepper.
Top Review by Susie D
I made a small batch of this to serve as a dipping sauce with Recipe #409196. I drained the canned tomatoes and added the juice a little at a time to thin the sauce. The sauce has a spicy and smoky flavor. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper