1/1 Photo of Renegade Chili - Chic Style
Old Kitchen Chic's Note:
This Recipe DELIVERS COMFORT. It's LOADED with essential vitamins and RICH flavour that cannot be denied! It serves best over or between toasted french bread, but plain is fine too. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 large green pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups fresh parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 4 baby carrots (sliced thick)
- 1 cup baked beans in tomato sauce (heinz)
- 1 (19 ounce) can mixed beans (primo or unico, drained and washed) or 1 (19 ounce) can beans, medly (primo or unico, drained and washed)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 (35 g) packages chili seasoning mix (club house)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cracked pepper
- 1In a large pot heat the vegetable oil.
- 2Add the chopped onions and simmer for about two minutes or until the onions become translucent. Stir frequently.
- 3Add the ground beef and cook on high heat for about five minutes or just until the beef turns colour. Stir mixture frequently and try to avoid overcooking the meat.
- 4Turn the heat down to medium then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 5Simmer on medium/high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- 6Remove chili from heat.
- 7Eat and Have FUN!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renegade Chili - Chic Style
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.8
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 1064.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix