2 hrs 50 mins
Recipe from Renee R
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a baking sheet lightly with oil.
- 2Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour.
- 3Dilute yeast and 1 tsp sugar in a little warm water (105-115F). Pour into well.
- 4Lightly beat the egg whites. Pour into the well along with 1 cup warm water, salt, and oil.
- 5Mix well (dough will be sticky at first) to form a dough and then knead until dough is smooth.
- 6Dust with a little flour, cover, and place a draft-free location. Allow to rise and double in size (about an hour).
- 7Knead again, over again, and allow dough to rise again.
- 8Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
- 9Form strips and braid. Brush with the beaten egg yolk.
- 10Bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Turn oven down to 350F and bake for 20 additional minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renee's Shabbat Challah
Serving Size: 1 (1348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3897.1
- Calories from Fat 981
- Total Fat 109.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 744.0 mg
- Sodium 14266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 609.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.0 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 108.3 g