Salt Lake Meal Swapping's Note:
Or easier to say Renee's Stuffed Mushrooms. Few people I know can cook like Renee. There are other yummy stuffed mushroom recipes out there, but none I bet so yummy as this. You better make at least twice as many as you think you need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh large mushrooms, about 35
- 2/3 lb sage sausage, Jimmy Dean
- 1/3 lb hot sausage, Jimmy Dean
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1Take stems off of mushrooms. (If preparing in advance or for a meal swap do not wash mushrooms yet. Place them in a zippy and make sure it is closed so they do not collect condensation in the fridge).
- 2Brown up meat together.
- 3Mix together the stuffing. cooked Sausage, cream cheese, parmesan and parsley. (Scoop stuffing mix into a zippy bag if preparing in advance).
- 4Measure out and mix together (in a zippy) marinade ingredients oil and vinegar.
- 5Measure out and mix together topping ingredients(place in a zippy). Parmesan, & parsley.
- 6Bag together the parts if preparing in advance. In another zippy bag place meat mixture on bottom, then topping mix, then bag of stemmed mushrooms (securely sealed), and the marinade mix (also very important to be securely sealed). All the prep and assembly work is done.
- 7To Serve: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 8Rinse mushrooms off in zippy bag.
- 9Gently pat mushrooms dry with a paper cloth.
- 10Pour the oil and vinegar marinade into the zippy with the mushrooms. Marinade for at lest 20 min, but no more then 2 hours. If you marinade the mushrooms for too long they will turn slimy.
- 11Place mushrooms in a baking dish with sides (they give off allot of liquid) hole up. Stuff each mushroom hole with a mound of sausage and cream cheese mixture on top.
- 12Sprinkle on topping (parmesan, parsley). Sprinkle some optional paprika over the tops if you like.
- 13Bake at 400 for 10 minute THEN.
- 14Broil for 5 min until tops are golden.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renee's Cream Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Marinated Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 72.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: