Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Or easier to say Renee's Stuffed Mushrooms. Few people I know can cook like Renee. There are other yummy stuffed mushroom recipes out there, but none I bet so yummy as this. You better make at least twice as many as you think you need.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh large mushrooms, about 35
- 2⁄3 lb sage sausage, Jimmy Dean
- 1⁄3 lb hot sausage, Jimmy Dean
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (optional)
- Take stems off of mushrooms. (If preparing in advance or for a meal swap do not wash mushrooms yet. Place them in a zippy and make sure it is closed so they do not collect condensation in the fridge).
- Brown up meat together.
- Mix together the stuffing. cooked Sausage, cream cheese, parmesan and parsley. (Scoop stuffing mix into a zippy bag if preparing in advance).
- Measure out and mix together (in a zippy) marinade ingredients oil and vinegar.
- Measure out and mix together topping ingredients(place in a zippy). Parmesan, & parsley.
- Bag together the parts if preparing in advance. In another zippy bag place meat mixture on bottom, then topping mix, then bag of stemmed mushrooms (securely sealed), and the marinade mix (also very important to be securely sealed). All the prep and assembly work is done.
- To Serve: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse mushrooms off in zippy bag.
- Gently pat mushrooms dry with a paper cloth.
- Pour the oil and vinegar marinade into the zippy with the mushrooms. Marinade for at lest 20 min, but no more then 2 hours. If you marinade the mushrooms for too long they will turn slimy.
- Place mushrooms in a baking dish with sides (they give off allot of liquid) hole up. Stuff each mushroom hole with a mound of sausage and cream cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle on topping (parmesan, parsley). Sprinkle some optional paprika over the tops if you like.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minute THEN.
- Broil for 5 min until tops are golden.