Recipe by SueVM
Renee was one of my employee's when I was managing the 2 gift stores at the Hyatt Hotel in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe back in the late 1990's. This is her recipe for these lovely chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (or almonds, roughly chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) packet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 3 ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the sugar, margarine, eggs, vanilla and blend until creamy.
- Adding a cup at a time, blend flour into sugar mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts stirring lightly.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Drop heaped tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let cool on a rack.