Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on the internet. Recipe posted by the Malaysian Tourism Department
- 4.92 ml shrimp paste
- 1 kg rump steak (beef/chicken/mutton)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml soya sauce
- 3 stalk lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 120 g grated coconut, fried and pounded
- 4 slice galangal
- 5 candlenuts, ground
- 29.58 ml curry powder, blended with 2 tbsps water
- 30 dried chilies
- 120 g shallots
- 4 red chilies
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 118.29 ml thick coconut milk, extracted from 1/2 grated coconut
- 118.32 ml oil
- Heat oil and fry ground ingredients and curry powder until fragrant.
- Add in half of the coconut milk and fry until the oil separates Add in the soya sauce mixture and steak.
- Add in also the fried grated coconut and lemon grass.
- Stir fry for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk and simmer until the meat is tender, for about 1 hour.
- Increase heat to reduce gravy until it is thick and oily.