Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my good friend Renata's recipe and I love these moist, flavorful burgers. Can cook on the stove or grill.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf
- onion, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 11 ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Cook burgers in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve in buns with lettuce, onion, tomato or condiments of your choice.
This is by far THE best turkey burger recipe I have come across. These are the only ones we make faithfully ~ they BLOW AWAY all those that have the highest rating on here (we've made those as well). We've added a few things with time: adding minced garlic, 1/2 tsp of Hot Sauce, chopped cilantro & a tspn or so of the Montreal Seasoning... gives it a little boost! My 4 year old LOVES these burgers. We make them on the George Forman Grill & then thow some cheese on top ~ toss them in the oven to broil for a few minutes to melt the cheese. FANTASTIC!
I tried this recipe in not exactly the right proportions, but it was fantastic anyway. Also b/c i didn't have the Worcestershire sauce, I substituted A1 sauce and it works well. Yummy!
Thank you for such a wonderfully flavorful turkey burger. I used only 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and added 1 finely grated carrot to the mixture for a little extra moisture. These came out great!