1/2 Photos of Renata's Borscht
A southwest twist to a Russian classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beets and place in baking dish.
- 2Wash and large chop carrots and potatoes and place in baking dish.
- 3Toss beets, carrots, and potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- 5Sauté onion and celery in 1 tablespoon olive oil in 4 quart saucepan until translucent.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Chop roasted carrots and potatoes and add to pot.
- 8Peel and chop the beets and save for later.
- 9Add shredded cabbage, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped green chili, minced garlic, 1/2 jar chunky spaghetti sauce to the pot.
- 10Simmer for approximately 1/2 hour or until all vegetables are tender.
- 11Add beets and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 12Serve, garnished with sour cream.
- 13Cooking time includes prep time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renata's Borscht
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 853.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g