Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good for a picnic! I thought I would post my own personal recipes for foods that are friendly to people on dialysis. This helps ease the pain of watching people scarf potato salad all around you. Hahaha! Seriously though, it's delicious!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thin-sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, fine diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 ounces low-sodium bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Mix cooled macaroni, celery, onions, bell pepper together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pickle relish, sugar, salt, and celery seed, stirring well.
- Stir dressing into the macaroni mixture.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Serve chilled.
Terrific macaroni salad!