Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Adapted from "The Renal Patient's Guide to Good Eating" by Judith A. Curtis. 120 grams is approx. 4.2 ounces. Phophrous = 52mg
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- Sear brisket on all sides in hot dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingedients on top and around meat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add no other liquid, it forms it's own gravy.
- Each serving will be 4.2 ounces according to diet followed by renal patients.