1/4 Photos of Renaissance Stuffed Veal Shoulder from Dubrovnik
I was recently reading some memoirs by Dubrovnik renaissance writer Nikola Naljeskovic where he mentioned some recipes from his time (16th century). I decided to submit them so everyone can enjoy these excellent meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bone the meat and beat it into one regular shaped cutlet or large schnitzel.
- 2Season the cutlet with salt and pepper. Place on it strips of prosciutto and scrambled eggs flavored with grounded nutmeg.
- 3Spread the scrambled eggs evenly over the prosciutto and meat. Make a roll, tying up it with cooking string.
- 4Season again from outside with salt pepper and cinnamon. Fry them on hot lard on all sides and than roast it on greased baking tin in an oven for 20-30 minutes, turning it on all sides so it gets golden brown crust (use the same pot for this, it is easier).
- 5Let it cool a little, carefully cut it into slices and serve with boiled chard or cauliflower.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renaissance Stuffed Veal Shoulder from Dubrovnik
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 328.9 mg
- Sodium 1237.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: