Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was recently reading some memoirs by Dubrovnik renaissance writer Nikola Naljeskovic where he mentioned some recipes from his time (16th century). I decided to submit them so everyone can enjoy these excellent meals.
- 1000 g veal (shoulder)
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 100 g prosciutto (Dalmatian)
- 14.79 ml nutmeg (grounded)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (grounded)
- 10 g salt
- 5 g pepper (black, grounded)
- 14.79 ml lard (oil can do)
- Bone the meat and beat it into one regular shaped cutlet or large schnitzel.
- Season the cutlet with salt and pepper. Place on it strips of prosciutto and scrambled eggs flavored with grounded nutmeg.
- Spread the scrambled eggs evenly over the prosciutto and meat. Make a roll, tying up it with cooking string.
- Season again from outside with salt pepper and cinnamon. Fry them on hot lard on all sides and than roast it on greased baking tin in an oven for 20-30 minutes, turning it on all sides so it gets golden brown crust (use the same pot for this, it is easier).
- Let it cool a little, carefully cut it into slices and serve with boiled chard or cauliflower.