Recipe by nitko
This is Venetian and Dubrovnik recipe from 16th century, also mentioned by Croatian writer from renaissance Nikola Naljeskovic. I put ocotpus as main ingredient because Zaar does not recognize cuttlefish as ingredient. Of course you can do it with squid and octopus but you have to cut octopus into small pieces.
- 500 g octopus (fresh cuttlefish)
- 200 g onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15 g fresh parsley leaves
- 100 g rice
- 1⁄2 cup wine (white)
- 4 cups fish stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 g salt
- 3 g pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ink bags form cuttlefish, chop cuttlefish into small pieces and fry them just few minutes.
- Add minced onion, garlic and minced parsley leaves and sauté it not more than 10 minutes.
- Add fish stock and cook until all ingredients are soft.
- Add white wine and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 more minutes.
- Strain the soup and cook the rice in it. When the rice is cooked, put back cuttlefish. Serve hot.