1 hr 20 mins
This is Venetian and Dubrovnik recipe from 16th century, also mentioned by Croatian writer from renaissance Nikola Naljeskovic. I put ocotpus as main ingredient because Zaar does not recognize cuttlefish as ingredient. Of course you can do it with squid and octopus but you have to cut octopus into small pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove ink bags form cuttlefish, chop cuttlefish into small pieces and fry them just few minutes.
- 2Add minced onion, garlic and minced parsley leaves and sauté it not more than 10 minutes.
- 3Add fish stock and cook until all ingredients are soft.
- 4Add white wine and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 more minutes.
- 5Strain the soup and cook the rice in it. When the rice is cooked, put back cuttlefish. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Renaissance Dubrovnik Cuttlefish Soup
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 1335.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.9 g