Recipe by Hadice
A recipe obtained from DH's former boss. As a tradition we would go chop down a Christmas tree in the forest then settle in at the lodge and play games while snacking on this sweet treat. Be prepared-this makes a TON. Cooking time is cooling time.
Top Review by sturjen
I made this for a Thanksgiving get together. It was a huge success, most people found it very addicting and couldn't stop eating it. I set aside a small portion that was only rice and corn chex for my sister who can't eat gluten. Thanks!
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 9 cups Corn Chex
- 7 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 cups light Karo syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl that has been very lightly greased and set aside.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil on the stove.
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wait until boiling subsides then pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir until cereal is covered.
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheets or wax paper and allow to cool.
- You may separate mixute into small portions or in one big bowl for everyone to share!