1/2 Photos of Remy's Ratatouille
1 hr 25 mins
Half Hearted Chef's Note:
I found a version of this recipe online, and made a couple of changes to suit my tastes, since I can't stand bell peppers of any kind! Select eggplant, zucchini, squash and tomatoes that are about the same size in diameter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cut a piece of parchment to fit about half way down an oval baking dish, about 10" in the longest direction.
- 3Pour tomato puree into bottom of baking dish.
- 4Drop the sliced garlic cloves and diced onion into the sauce.
- 5Stir in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with half the salt and pepper, stirring to mix evenly.
- 6Trim the ends off the eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. Using a mandoline slicer, slice each vegetable very thin, about 1/8" thick.
- 7Arrange slices on top of the tomato sauce in a large spiral, overlapping each vegetable slightly, and keeping the order the same (All the vegetables may not fit, as this is more about presentation).
- 8Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- 9Remove thyme leaves from stems and sprinkle on top.
- 10Cover with parchment paper.
- 11Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until vegetables have released their liquid and are clearly cooked, but with some structure left.
- 12Serve by scooping up layers with some sauce below, trying not to disturb the overlapping slices.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Remy's Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 609.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: