Recipe by Linda's Kitch
Rust stains from metal outdoor furniture can be removed from concrete by using fresh lemon juice. Our front concrete porch had several rust stains due to an outdoor wooden bench with metal legs. I tried a couple lemon juice applications to the stains and was astonished at how well the treatment worked!!!
- 1 fresh lemon (the amount of lemons required depends on how many rust stains need to be removed and how intense the)
- 10 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lemon in the microwave 10 seconds; remove from microwave.
- Roll the lemon in a back and forth motion on the countertop several times (This helps to release the lemon juice).
- Cut lemon in half and remove seeds.
- Heavily apply lemon juice to the rust stain.
- Rub the rust stain vigorously with a soft linen cloth (I used a cut up T-shirt).
- Allow the lemon juice to remain on the concrete several hours.
- Hose down the concrete with water to clean off the lemon residue.
- Note: More than one application may be necessary to remove all traces of rust.