Top Review by sheri
great sauce but where does one find durkee's??? I called 3 stores with no luck...so i just left it out and added some old bay seasoning. It turned out great anyway...however be prepared for a definate mustard flavor in this sauce. Next time i will probably cut down on the mustard.
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 ounces Durkee's sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup creole mustard or 1 cup Grey Poupon
- 2 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise and Durkee's Famous Sauce.
- Pour in olive oil gradually.
- Beat as if you are making mayonnaise.
- Add creole or poupon mustard, beat some more.
- Add horseradish, ketchup, wine vinegar, Lea & Perrins, and louisiana hot sauce, beating after each ingredient.
- Pour over shrimp on salad or use as a sandwich sauce.