Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the sauce that I make to go with Chicken Shrimp Rolls. I would recommend making it the day before because it gives time for the flavours to blend!
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- Mix all ingrediants together in a quart jar and chill.
- Serve cold.
Made for Spring PAC 2010 since remoulade sauce is a popular condiment in Iceland .. *but* I do not favor it much as it lacks any real *bite* & is nothing more than a mild mayo variant. Oddly, this sauce went the other way for me. Its bite was more than I like & the sauce so thin that adding mayo improved the consistency & taste for us. That said & w/that chg, I doubt I will buy the costly commercial product again when this is such a tasty easy-fix. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.