Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use to work at Little Caesar's and these are so similar! Much more affordable though as this makes a lot! These can be made in a traditional mixer or a bread machine on dough cycle.
- Place ingredients in mixer according to order.
- Let rise 30 minute Punch down and let rise again for 30 minute.
- roll out and cut into sticks.
- Place onto greased cookie sheets.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Bake in 375 for 10-12 minutes. Just til very light brown.
- While still hot from the oven brush with melted butter and sprinkle with dried Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Serve warm, make about 20-30 depending on size.
- For variations add fresh rosemary, or thyme to the dough before baking.
When I first started mixing this dough (I did it by hand instead of by machine), I was a bit dubious about the end result would be. The dough seemed very dry to me, and it didn't seem very workable when I was kneading it...but the baked product was very good! This dough made soft, slightly dense breadsticks that my family loved. I fixed the breadsticks with the butter/garlic/parmesan sauce and brushed the sauce on before and after baking--it gave them just a hint of crunch on top--very good with spaghetti! Thanks for the recipe--I'll be making it again!