Chef #928625's Note:
A DIY scrub to rescue your copper pots.I haven't tried it on any other metal,though I don't see why it wouldn't work (I think the acid may corrode aluminum ,but it should be fine on stainless steel).The recipe can easily be doubled,tripled,etc.to suit your needs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together all ingredients to make a paste.It will foam a little as the ketchup mixes with the baking soda.
- 2Rub the paste onto the bottom of your pot,or anywhere else it needs it.Rub it in a little and apply thickly .
- 3Let your pot sit undisturbed for at least 10 minutes and up to an hour.
- 4Scrub with a pot scrubber and additional baking soda as needed.
- 5Your pot should be as good as new.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Remedy for Burnt and Tarnished Copper Pots
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14824.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g