Recipe by Rembrandt
The best brisket ever--it is the only one my picky wife will eat!
Top Review by Chef Shadows
Between the 3 of us we give this a 3.7 star rating! My wife and I liked it, the 15 yearold daughter sort of liked it. We all agreed it was to sweat, either the cola or the brown sugar needs to be reduced, the girl suggested trying ginger ale next time. Overall a good dish and will be made again with minor changes. Thanks for posting it!
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large green sweet pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- lots garlic
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola, any brand (diet cola is o.k.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the peppers and onion Add a little olive oil to the sauce pan and when hot add the peppers and onion.
- Sauté until onion begins to get soft.
- Add the ketchup and brown sugar and crushed garlic to the sauce pan and continue to stir until the brown sugar is melted.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to the pot, stir until hot and set aside.
- In a large crock pot place the brisket, potatoes already halved and the carrots, cut into slices.
- Pour the can of cola over the brisket and then pour the sauce that you prepared earlier onto the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Refrigerate when done.
- You know it is done when the meat is tender all the way through with a fork.
- The next day slice the meat thinly across the grain and put back into the sauce into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven on a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots from the pot, you may want to add some rice or couscous to the side.