Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a blender sauce, chilled, until a few minutes before serving, then warmed to serve with cooked cauliflower, broccoli, kohlrabi,asparagus.To be used on grilled or pan fried fish as well. See note below.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns or 2 teaspoons soft green peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄8 cup dried cilantro or 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put everything in the blender except the dill pickles and cilantro.
- Note: 1/4 tsp black or white pepper may be used instead of peppercorns.
- Pulse until well blended. Add pickles and cilantro, pulse and few times.
- Chill until serving. Serve cold with cold vegetables and chilled cooked shrimp.
- Warm in serving dish and pass with the cooked vegetables. Do not simmer or boil.
- Brush on grilled or pan fried fish after the fish has been turned once.